This course is for:
- Business leaders and entrepreneurs who want to understand how mediation can conserve resources and relationships.
- Professionals who:
- are interested in training to be a mediator and would like more information before investing in Strathmore’s 40 hour on-campus mediation course.
- would like to know more about what skills and behaviours are needed.
- value what mediation skills can add to their professional practice.
- Lawyers who want to understand better the benefits of mediation for their clients and for their business.
- In-House Counsel who are looking for core business processes to streamline their company’s effectiveness, preserve commercial relationships and manage a sustainable supply chain.
- Judges who would like to understand the principles and behaviours taught to mediators.
- Mediators who have trained and would like a high-quality refresher course or comprehensive, branded CPD.
- And anyone who needs CPD to refresh interpersonal skills, team building and leadership skills.
• Is taught by experts in the field with years of practical experience in East Africa and internationally.
• Is a combination of teaching and reflection to support learning.
• Provides confidential assessment of your skills and understanding of the course as you progress.
On successful completion of the course you will:
• understand the principles and practice of mediation and its role in resolving disputes, civil, commercial and workplace,
• understand if you want to take your training in mediation to the next level,
• be able to explain confidently the risks, benefits and opportunities of mediation,
• receive a certificate of attendance,
• qualify for acceptance on the SDRC 40 hour Foundation Mediation Training Course, and
• qualify for 10% discount on the fees for the 40 hour course.
• The course is taught using micro-learning modules, consisting of 5-9min teaching videos with an interactive Q&A interface. There are 16 animation teaching videos and 16 extra filmed videos of practicing mediators. Total video play time is just over 3.5 hrs. You can complete it in your own time and ideally over a few days, though we provide access for one month.
• You can access on any PC or mobile device.
Certificate of Completion
Course completion entitles you to a certificate of completion from Strathmore Dispute Resolution Centre, and automatic entry into the full 40 hour on campus Mediation Certification Course, as well as a 10% discount on the 40 hour course.